For the Emperor, baby. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III has been released on Steam, and so far, so good. However, there are tons of bugs and errors that users are reporting such as random crashing, network connection errors, and start up problems. Luckily we found some fast troubleshooting tips for you!
How To Fix Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Crashing, Won’t Play, Multiplayer, No Audio, Connection Error
1. I pre-loaded the game, but it still says “pre-load” instead of “play”.
2. I was kicked from a multiplayer lobby and can’t join another one.
If you encounter this error, restart the client and rejoin the group.
3. I am not hearing any audio from the game.
Check to make sure that any remote desktop applications are not redirecting the game audio elsewhere.
4. There is a network connection issue. What can I do?
- Make sure your firewall or antivirus program isn’t blocking RelicDoW3.exe
- Make sure the IP address 22.214.171.124 is whitelisted
- Make sure the TCP ports 443, 27017-27030 and 50000-50010 are open
- Install and run this lag fixer tool.
5. My game crashed and I’m getting a low memory error.
Close out other programs that are running.
Then, set your virtual memory settings back to the suggested default for your system. Go to Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> System -> Advanced system settings -> Advanced -> Performance -> Settings … -> Advanced -> Virtual memory –> Change… -> and check “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives”.
6. I am experiencing a device driver crash.
7. My graphics drivers are up to date, but I’m still getting crashes/bad performance.
Some systems have multiple video cards in them and, in some cases, we aren’t properly picking the right one. In the meantime, use your video card control panel to force RelicDOW3.exe to use the dedicated GPU.
8. But I’m still getting device driver crashes with latest drivers
Check if you have screen/video capture software or other utilities that could be injecting their behaviour into the game. Try without them and if that fixes things, please make a post letting us know which program you had a conflict with so we can track down the issue.