Similar to every game, the Elder Scrolls has its own set of interface problems. Listed here are the most common problems faced by users.
Top 9 Fixes for The Elder Scrolls Online Crashes, Errors, Patch Manifest, Black Screen, Lag, Server Full, Authentication Failed, Unverified Protocol, Won’t Launch
1. Common Updating and Downloading Issues – Patch Manifest Error
A patch manifest error is the most common issues faced. One of the solutions would be to run the repair tool in your launcher to make sure that your information is up-to-date and clean.
If the previous method failed, you may try uninstalling the game client.
2. Black screen crash
If you’re having a black screen after pressing play, please follow the following steps.
3. Connectivity and latency issues
The following steps resolved most problems regarding connectivity and latency issues in the case of unknown errors.
- Disable all at once and remove ESO head.
- It is preferable to use the net instead of Wi-Fi.
- Reset your network setting.
- Select network and internet on your control panel.
- Open connections tab and click on land settings.
- Select advanced settings and click reset.
- Restart your computer for changes to take effect.
4. Resolving installation issues
- You have to ensure you have downloaded and installed all optional updates (.net framework, Visual C++, direct X ).
- Add exceptions for eso.exe, the launcher.
- Run the installer.
- If you are having updating problems attempt running a clean boot.
5. Crashes and reboots
- Make sure that overclocking is turned off.
- Ensure that the power supply is adequate for your hardware.
- If your PC is over-heating, use a fan to create airflow.
- Run a memory test to rule out Ram as the cost of the crashing.
6. Log in error – code 104 server full
The inhabitants of the server have exceeded the maximum capacity of the game. The server will not allow any more log-ins at the moment.
7. Log in error – code 201 authentication failed
Please follow the steps in order to resolve the issue.
- Open ‘Documents’ folder and empty the folder name Elder Scrolls online
- Close out all screens and return to your desktop
8. Log in error – code305 unverified protocol
Please assume the following steps to resolve the issue
- Enter your installation folder (location at which Elder Scrolls is installed), and delete the eso.manifest
- Delete the data are.manifest
- Restart the game client
9. Unable to launch game
If you are pressing the play button on the launcher and nothing happens, please follow the following steps.
- Open my documents, and select the Elder Scrolls online folder and select “UserSettings.txt” folder.
- Open this folder and delete all contents and then save the file.
- Now try rebooting the launcher again.
These are all the most common interface problems faced by gamers. If you continue to encounter issues, please drop a comment below.