Every new game has issues from launch and FEAR Online is not immune from this. Anything from login issues to missing files can cause frustration and ultimately make you give up trying to play altogether. Rather than search high and low for fixes and end up downloading something risky check out this guide for the Top 5 issues with FEAR Online. Please note that before checking out these issues check your PC for viruses by using your scanner and check your systems specs are good enough to play FEAR Online.
Top 5 Fixes for FEAR Online Crashes, Errors, Lag, Login Issues, Change Resolution, Redeem DLC, Regional Restrictions
1. Possible Login Issues
If you are having issues logging into FEAR Online it could be due to high traffic from login attempts from other users but a possible fix is to:
- Make sure your Internet Explorer is up to date. You can do this by running Windows update or installing from the Windows website.
- Lower your Internet Explorer security settings to medium or lower
- Check that your Adobe Flash plugins are up to date and if not download the latest version from Adobes website.
- Ensure F.E.A.R Online isn’t being blocked by your anti-virus and firewall as this block will not allow you to access the internet.
2. Missing .EXE Files
Some issues are related to Steam not installing all the necessary files and only downloading 5MB of data. 32bit operating systems are mostly affected by this issue. Before starting this fix please ensure you are in the correct regions for FEAR Online
- Go to your Steam library
- Right click on FEAR Online
- Select Properties
- Go to Local Files tab
- Select Verify integrity of game cache
This should verify the files downloaded and if there are any missing re-download the files required.
3. Changing resolution, graphics settings or fullscreen/windowed
To change the graphical settings in game simply
- Click the options icon on the top right menu (while in the lobby)
- Select the video tab
- Adjust settings as desired
- Select Okay
4. Where to redeem DLC
Directions are listed for each DLC store page but you can
- You can find your CD key needed to redeem your DLC by right clicking on FEAR Online in your steam library and viewing the CD key
- Go to the FEAR Online Website
- Use your Credentials to log in
- Copy and paste your CD Key
- Hit Redeem
5. Regional Restrictions to FEAR Online
There are many people complaining about access to FEAR Online in different regions. The regions that can access the game are: Western Europe, North America and South America. Any other regions outside of these three will not be able to access the game on Steam.
BONUS: Lag while playing
On your router, make sure ports 4098-4101 are forwarded. Or, you can use a tool to reduce lag.
There are just some of the lager issues seen by the community and there are others cropping up every day, do not be discouraged if you can’t play right away just look for the root cause of the problem. If you are having your own problems unrelated to anything above why not drop a comment below and describe your problem so we can do our very best to help you.