A common issue that’s been popping up in Mario Kart 8 is its connection problems. To fix this, you just need a bit of router know-how and a few clicks of a button. Don’t worry, just follow these simple instructions to get you up and running in Mario Kart 8.
Update: This is also known to fix the Error Codes 118-0520, 118-0519 or 118-0516
- You will need to obtain your Wii U’s IP address by accessing your router. You do this by entering your router’s IP address in the address bar of your internet browser.
- You will find your Wii U IP address when you check the connected devices in your router settings. Probably under DHCP.
- IP address will be the same as your router IP apart from the last bit e.g if your router ip is 192.168.2.1 your Wii U IP address might be 192.168.2.4 depending on how many devices you have connected to your router.
- Once you know the Wii U IP, click on DMZ menu option. Enable DMZ and enter the Wii U’s IP.
All should be good. From the research I have done this is a common problem with Belkin routers.
Still having connection issues? We recommend going through our other guides:
- If problems persist, check this guide on How to Manually Set Up an Online Wii U Connection.
- Having WiFi connection issues? Check our guide: How to Fix Wii U WiFi Connection Issues
- For other Wii U issues such as freezing and errors, check this guide: Top 10 Wii U Problems and their Fixes