As with every PC game, the Lifeless Planet video game also comes with its fair share of problems. Here are some of the problems and a troubleshooting guide to resolve them.
How to Fix Lifeless Planet Crashes, Error 51, Flashlight Bug, Running on XP and Vista SP2, Steam Errors
1. Flashlight Bug
A few gamers have reported problems with their discrete graphics card. For instance, if you’re using the Nvidia card follow these steps:
- Go to the control panel of Nvidia
- Go to “Manage 3D Settings”
- Then go to the “Global Settings” tab
- Set the “Preferred graphic processors” to “High-Performance Nvidia Processor”
- Then set Lifeless Planet to “Use global settings” by clicking on the “Program Settings” tab
Also make sure to check steam in the programs list.
2. PDA Files Go Missing After Save
It should be noted that upon restarting the game, the game intentionally hides the collected logs to avoid double collecting of logs. The best way to avoid this is by saving your game and resuming at the beginning of the level (which can be either after the screen loads or when the chapter title appears at the bottom).
3. Error code 51
This error code usually means that there is a Lifeless Planet crash and it’s caused by interfering applications running in the background.
To resolve the issue, disable Airfoil. To disable Airfoil feature follow these steps:
- Click Start
- Go to “All Programs”
- Click “Airfoil” and go to the “Airfoil Application”
- Wait for the application to launch
- Click on the Airfoil Menu and choose Preferences
- Go to the “Extras” tab and click “Disable Instant Hijack”
- Finally restart the computer and test the issue again.
If the issue persists you can add Steam and other games on the “Exclude List” which is found on the “Extras” tab or completely uninstall Airfoil.
Also, if you have F-Secure – It has DeepGuard which sometimes interferes with Steam. Simply disable the feature and retest. However if the issue persists temporarily disable F-secure.
4. Lifeless Planet Freezes and Crashes
Issues related to launching or playing Lifeless planet usually arise from poor installation.
To resolve the issue make sure to:
- Verify your game cache
- Check connections with Steam
- Manually run secondary installers required by Lifeless Planet.
- Exit steam, reboot the computer and test again saving your game and resuming at the beginning of the level (which can be either after the screen loads or when the chapter title appears at the bottom).
5. How to Run Lifeless Planet on Windows XP
To troubleshoot issues for computers running Windows XP:
- Exit Steam.
- Go to Windows Start menu
- Select Run
- Then type regedit and click OK.
- Navigate and until you find the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREVALVE
- Right click and select Permissions
- Check the Allow boxes for Admin and System for both Full control and Read.
6. How to Run Lifeless Planet on Vista SP2
Make sure ensure that you have the latest Service Pack installed: the Vista Service Pack 2. Keep checking for any available updates to the Vista OS.
7. Steam Errors
If you’re getting Steam errors in running Lifeless Planet, follow these steps:
- Exit from Steam
- Right click the Steam.exe from C:Program FilesSteam or your default location
- Choose the “Run as Administrator” tab and launch Steam.
- Use direct Steam.exe where the Desktop shortcut to Steam doesn’t work.
This is our condensed guide to fix the most common game issues with Lifeless Planet on the PC. If you continue to get crashes and errors, we encourage you to post in the comments section below.