Despite the ongoing patches to the BF4 servers, users continue to experience crashing, black screens, and freezing. Here’s a compilation of known working fixes to help out.
Battlefield 4 PC Fixes for Crashes, Freezes, Errors, Singapore crash, Black screen, Origins fix
Battlefield 4 crashes upon launch on the PC
- Disable “Origin In-game” in the origin application settings.
- Turn on Borderless Window (In Game Options > Video)
Battlefield 4 PC in-game crashes and freezes, Singapore crash, Shanghai crash
Here is a hodgepodge of fixes for Battlefield 4 crashes, due to the often unclear reasons for the crash. Read thoroughly and try these fixes at your own risk. A combination of one or more of these are known to work.
- Nvidia – Reverting to older drivers – version 331.40 beta and 331.58 have stopped crashes.
- Set your In-game audio to headphones
- Disabling NVIDIA High Definition Audio Run as administrator (for BF4 and BF4x86).
- Try changing security permissions on the origin games folder giving users full control instead of just read
- Nvidia Control Panel > Configure Surround > PhysX > PhysX settings > select your graphics card. Then Origin > Repair Install, played all day without crashing. Another confirmation and another.
- Punkbuster Uninstall / Reinstall
- Microsoft Visual C++ x64 and x86 versions of 2010 and 2012 uninstall. Reinstall with Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 3 Second Confirmation
DirectX function “GetDeviceRemovedReason” failed with “DxGi_error_Device_Hung” / Vram memory filling up
- Lowering settings from ultra/high to medium in x64 or low in x86 fixes the issue, always happening when Vram fills up to about 1.6 GB of VRAM.DirectX updates/fixes mentioned did not help. Confirmation by another player
- Disable or remove all overclocks on your video card